Monday, October 11, 2004

Emma's Lace Scarf



Coats and Clark came out with a new supersoft yarn, Cara Mia (TLC line). It's a blend of acrylic/angora/rayon. I designed a one-skein lace scarf named after my daughter, Emily . Yes, we call her Emma too! Here's a close-up:

I knitted it with US size 9 needles. It's available for sale in my Ebay store.

More on designing, I just finished the "Peekaboo socks". I'm still finalizing the pattern. I used Opal sock yarn for this one.


My experience with pattern testing for other designers like Mary McCall, Handjive Knits and Southwest Trading has taught me a lot on designing my own patterns. Plus, the availability of knitting softwares like the Sole Solution really helps a lot. And never forget Barbara Walker's Treasuries of Knitting Patterns. Each desginer should invest in her books.

No comments: