Crocheted Bucket Hat
Copyright Vicki Suan 3/31/04
1 skein Lionbrand Homespun yarn
G or H hook
1. Ch 4. Join to form a loop.
2. Ch 1, 8 sc inside loop. Join with sl st.
3. Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc. Join ( 16 scs)
4. Ch1, * 2 sc in same space. Sc in next sc. Rep from *. Join.
5. Ch 1, *2sc in same space. Sc in next 2 sc. Rep from *. Join.
6. Ch 1, *2 sc in same space. Sc in next 3 scs. Rep from *. Join.
7. Ch 1, * 2 sc in same space, sc in next 4 scs. Redp from *. Join.
8. Ch 1, * 2 sc in same space, sc in next 5 scs. Rep from *. Join. (56 sts)
9. Ch 3, dc in each sc around. Join
10-13. Ch 3, dc in each dc. Join.
14-15. Ch3, dc in same space. * Dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc. Repeat from *. Join.
In round 15, you will have 2 extra dcs at the end of the round and that's okay. Just join.
16. Do reverse sc around for a nice edge. This also called crab stitch. Instead of working from right to left, you will do reverse scs by working from left to right. Join and weave in ends.
I'll also add the pattern to my website's free patterns section, which you can see on the left (links). Enjoy! Do let me know if you encounter any problems with the pattern. It's really easy and simple.