Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Dirty but Healthy Salad

Before the year ends, I want to share a healthy recipe with my readers. Why dirty? With the balsamic vinegar dressing and ground flax seed, it looks like I dropped the salad in the mud-- lol!

I'm following a Fuhrman Nutritarian diet, eating mostly Greens, onions, mushrooms, berries, beans, and seeds. I don't do measurements well. Everything is a dash of this or that, following your taste. Here goes:



1 cup black beans ( I boil my own, no salt added) or use one in cans but low sodium

1 mango

1 stalk of green onion

1 clove garlic, chopped

a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped

1/2 avocado

salad greens or romaine lettuce

a handful of raw cashew

1 tsp of ground flax seed, sprinkle on salad last



for dressing:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

2 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp sesame oil

1 tsp Stevia sweetener, or organic raw sugar (optional)

sprinkle of black pepper



enjoy!

No comments: