Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Here we are, spending Christmas at my dad's. Everyone's home, lots of food as always. Last night, we took my aunt to the ER and spent several hours there. She's my dad's younger sister, 80 years old. She's had health problems for as long as I can remember. She's never married and lives alone. She took care of all of us, my sister and I, and all my other cousins, when we were still young and living in the Philippines. Being with her last night reminded me of when I was at the hospital with my mom, before she passed on. It makes me sad seeing my aunt like this and it saddens me because she might not recover from this one.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Merry Christmas to you, too. I hope that your aunt does well, she sounds like a special lady.