Thursday, April 25, 2013
Here is another crochet rug I finished. Again, I used scrap cotton yarn (dishcloth cotton) held doubled. Click on the picture to see the bigger version. Each flower is crocheted individually and then, sewed together by hand. That was the easiest way of doing it. I crocheted a border of single crochet in black yarn. This is how each individual flower looked like. You kinda have to match the curves. and sew it on. tah dah!
Thursday, April 04, 2013
I have finished a crocheted rectangular rug using left over bits of cotton yarn I used for washcloths and dishcloths. the yarn is held doubled in mismatched colors picked randomly. I crocheted strips of 13 dcs (don't ask why. It just seemed the right count). And I picked a random length of 30 inches long. 4 strips sewn together, then a border of hdcs and this is what I got. I had hubby buy rug backings at Home Depot and we're all set. The backing cost $22 and is quite a huge size. I can probably make about 10 rugs with this sheeting. Next time, I'll show you my flower rug with a pattern.