Bottom Seam Baby Bootie - Free pattern
(Sorry for the blurry image. I'm not good at taking pics.)
I'm sure someone can figure out how to make this a no seam baby bootie (what with those provisional cast on thingies) but I found it easier to just seam the bottom of the foot, after you finish knitting the bootie. I love hand sewing anyway.
Depending on the weight of your yarn, your needles will vary. And you will be using dpns and knitting this in the round.
US size 5 dpns (3.75mm)
m1 - make one stitch This website has good instructions
K2T - Knit 2 together
ssk - slip, slip, knit This website has pictures
Cast on 35 stitches. Join in the round making sure the stitches are not twisted.
2. K1, M1, K16, M1, K1, M1, K16, M1, K1
4. K2, M1, K16, M1, K3, M1, K16, M1, K2
6. K3, M1, K16, M1, K5, M1, K16, M1, K3
8. K4, M1, K16, M1, K7, M1, K16, M1, K4 (51 STITCHES)
10. Knit 4 rounds
11. K21, K2T, K5, SSK, K21
12. K20, K2T, K5, SSK, K20
13. K19, K2T, K5, SSK, K19
By this time, you can see that the stitches are deceasing by one before the K2T and after the SSK. So, continue in this manner (rounds 14-21) until you reach...
22. K10, K2T, K5, SSK, K10 (27 stitches)
23. K12, K2T, K13 (26 stitches. Yes, we want an even number of stitches at this point)
24. K1 P1 rib for about 1 inch, or 6 rounds. If you want to fold down your cuff, you can make this longer.
25. Bind off in rib. Weave in ends and don't forget to seam the bottom of the bootie.
Enjoy! Post a comment if you have any questions, corrections, etc etc.
I want to thank Thata Pang and her blog for the inspiration in knitting the bottom of the bootie. She has a different style bootie pattern on her blog, if you guys want to try it.