Friday, July 12, 2013

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. Here is my version:

Peach or Plum ice cream

2 cups sliced fresh peaches, peeled and pit removed

3/4 cup plain yogurt

1/4 cup honey

Blend all ingredients together and freeze. The original recipe calls for putting it in an ice cream maker. I didn't. I put in in a plastic container and put it in the freezer. You can adjust the honey and yogurt (more or less) to suit your taste. You can stir the mixture every 2 hours or leave it in the freezer overnight (I did). The icecream will be firm and icy like a frozen yogurt but I was able to scoop it out with an ice cream scooper. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds SOOO good! Thank you!
I'm lactose intolerant so ice cream is out of the question.
And purchased frozen yogurt is expensive and fattening.

Janey
janeyknitting@yahoo.ca