Tuesday, July 06, 2004


My new wheel


We go on a long weekend and I get into trouble. Here's my newest baby, a Louet S17 spinning wheel. The ad says perfect for beginners and for production spinners. It may be lacking in looks but it does the job. And for the price, I can't go wrong. This was so easy to assemble! Even for someone like me who hates diagrams and anything technical, I was able to put it together with only 25% help from hubby--lol! Well, sheesh, a washer and a screw look the same to me!

It's so sturdy that even my 7 yo Matthew can't do any damage. Emily, 3 yo, is determined to learn how to spin. I figure, I can teach them on this one. My other wheel, an Ashford Traveller, is for delicate spinning (if there is such a thing). That one is my other baby, the one I learned to spin on 2 years ago (or is it 4?).

I got the S17 from Teresa Simons of Mountain Shadow Ranch. She sells it for $219 plus shipping. Can't beat that!

No comments: