Sunday, May 16, 2004



New England Socks


It took me a while but I finally finished my New England socks. It was truly enjoyable to knit, not easy to memorize, but still fun. I always had to refer to my charts when knitting the lacy diamond design on the top of the leg and foot. It was also relly tricky reducing the number of cast on stitches. I have skinny feet.

Speaking of lace, our Crochet guild had a field trip yesterday to Lacis in Berkeley (1 hour's drive from Sac). Wonderful store with every imaginable knitting books ever published, some OOP. Crochet, bobbin lace, tatting, embroidery, tons of needles, hooks, looms, amazing buttons, ribbons, lace, fabrics, and even a bridal area.

I snagged their last copy of Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting, currently OOP I think. I have been coveting this book, a wonderful resource for Shetland lace knitting.

No comments: