Tuesday, May 04, 2004


Crocheted coin purse.


I used 2 strands of sport weight rayon chenille on cones (languishing in my stash for years) in the lovely kiwi color that is so in right now. Size F hook creates a tight fabric. No lining.

I worked around a 4" zipper given to me by Daphne from Malaysia. Can't find a 4" zipper at Walmart.

Ch 18 (about the same length as the zipper), sc in the 2nd ch from hook and all remaining chains. 3 sc in the last ch.

You will now be working on the unused loops of your foundation ch. Sc in each loop until the very last ch. 2 sc in the last ch.

Continue working in the round (no need to slip stitch to join) until you've built up the sides of the purse. I made mine a 4" square.

Before you cut the yarn, make a loopy strap by chaining 30 sts and join to form a strap.

Sew on the zipper by hand. Tricky but can be done.

No comments: