Thursday, March 17, 2011

I caved in

It was just too much pressure. I read Jared Flood's blog. You see, aside from being a gifted photographer and knitwear designer, he also sells yarn. Not just any yarn but American-made (spun) yarn from American wool shorn from American sheep. What stopped me before was the price ($12.50 per 140 yard skein plus shipping of course). Here's the picture of what I bought. I'm just going to try it and see what the hype is all about. It's not as super soft as Merino but not scratchy either. I will let you know how it knits up. I will design a one-skein pattern because I really don't know if I can afford a sweater using this yarn. One or two skeins is it for me because I'm cheap that way.



This is what I'm designing with the fingering weight yarn I bought from Great Northern yarn. One skein is 360 yards, so it should be enough for this cowl. So yummy to knit with.



I had one skein left of the Merino cashmere yarn I used for my cardigan and this is what I knitted. A simple ribbed cowl, using 136 yards of DK weight yarn.

No comments: