Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I'm a Christmas kind of girl



I was watching a show last night on the PAX network called "Faith Under Fire. Somehow, there was a mention of being politically correct when it comes to the Christmas season, and how people greet each other "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" instead of how it should be, "Merry Christmas". December 25 is when my Savior was born. It's Christmas! I use no other greeting except Merry Christmas! It doesn't diminish other people's religions and how they celebrate their holidays. Christmas is my holiday as a Christian and that's how I prefer to call it.

People are so afraid of offending other people of different faith but I'm sure they will understand. In fact, they have their own holidays and we respect them by greeting them their way.

One note: Before Arnold became Governor of California, Gray Davis used to call the Christmas tree at the Capitol, the "Holiday Tree". Aww, come on. It is a Christmas tree. This year, Gov Arnold brought back the "Christmas Tree".

No knitting content today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: