Friday, January 25, 2008

New 2 Me yarn



This yarn might have been out for a while but I just purchased a batch from Ashland Bay in OR. It's called Panda yarn, fingering weight sock yarn -- 60% Superwash Merino, 30% Bamboo and 10% nylon. I searched Ebay but couldn't find it. There were several Panda brands (acrylic and wool) and some wool bamboo but nothing similar. Quite surprising (maybe I just didn't go a good search).

This is what it looks like undyed:



And here is what it looks like dyed with acid dye. It came out soft with a slight sheen to it (I'm guessing the bamboo content) and dyed really well. Each skein has approximately 430 yards, weighs 4 ozs. I'm dyeing up some more and will put them up in my Etsy shop. If you want these first 3 skeins, each is $15.00 plus $2.00 shipping via USPS First Class mail. The undyed skein (I have several) is $9.95 per 4 oz skein plus shipping. Just send me a comment and I will email you back.


purple,cherry red,Brilliant Blue

And here's a close up:



To follow- I'm knitting up a sock with Panda.

No comments: