Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I love stars



Here is a small wallhanging/sampler I designed for Christmas.


3 of the stars are from the spiral bound calendar called 365 Quilt blocks a year and each measured 12 inches. The center block and the one on the bottom right are from Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache website, another favorite of mine.

Last shop hop, I won a set of 5" Christmas charms and didn't know what to do with 36 squares. So, I made a table topper.

There was no specific design in mind. I just made hourglass blocks, sewed them together, added borders and appliqued stars on the corners.

With the ton of 5" charms I've accumulated, I figured I can make a quilt out of them. Another fave star block of mine, the sawtooth star. Each block measures 16". This one should go fast.


I'm making crumb squares out of scraps.


more later...

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful quilts! You have been busy! I really like your scrappy sawtooth blocks.

Meredith said...

Wow you are getting a lot done. I like the scrappy stars.

Rhonda said...

Wheeeeew! You are already off and running for the new year.