Thursday, April 05, 2007

New Stashbuster topic: What kind of quilter am I? I like the traditional machine piecing and applique. I have not tried paper piecing yet. It seems fiddly and requires more work. I like working with scrap quilts and folksy designs. I admire Pat Sloan's and Nancy Halvorsen's patterns. I also like the Australian Country Threads magazine. I wish I can subscribe.

On the knitting front: I finished Angela's lace top. In my excitement, I gave it to her without taking a picture. She's going to wear it in Hawaii.



Here's a picture of a charm quilt I gave my mom, backed with flannel. I used several 5 inch squares. She has been using it since I gave it to her. Music to my ears.



This is the charm quilt I made in class at the Country Sewing Store in Elk Grove. The center of the stars is a collection of 5 inch charm squares, a Valentine collection from Sandy Gervais.

No comments: