Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I did some charity sewing in the month of August. Back in August, 1998, I had a miscarriage. I same across Newborns in Need and donated some knitted and crocheted burial gowns, blankets and hats. I lost track of my contact person at NIN, Anita, who used to work at the Preston Youth Correctional Facility in Ione, as teacher, seamstress, and head of the CA NIN branch. She might still work there but there isn't a NIN branch in CA anymore (that I know of).

Anyway, here are some items I've sewn and donated to the Methodist Hospital here in Sacramento:


My little Emily says they look like little angel outfits (they are!!)


preemie hats (stretchy, knit fabric)


Preemie blankets, about 18" square, no batting, flannel backed.


Preemie isolette shirts, lined.

The patterns from all of the above are from the Newborns in Need website (for sale).

Most of the fabric I got at the remnant section at Joann's. Even a small piece of fabric can make several outfits. Most were discounted and marked down.

No comments: