Sunday, April 04, 2010

Thank you, Candace, for your comforting words. You don't know this but I look forward to your comments because you've gone through what I'm experiencing right now.

Easter service at our church was so timely. Not only that but Dr. Charles Stanley's preaching on TV answered so many of my and my husband's questions about heaven. I think God knows we have so many questions and doubts and somehow, used these godly Pastors to help us.

Back in 1998, I had a miscarriage and lost my baby during my first trimester. What comforted me then was knitting baby hats which I later donated to Newborns in Need. That was when I started knitting for the ones in need. Now, I find myself knitting these tiny baby hats again--lol! I plan on making a lot and maybe donate to a local hospital. I can make good use of my stash.

And, for my future projects, I plan on doing 3 things:

1. finish the memory quilt, in memory of my uncle who passed away last year.
2. design and make a quilt, in memory of my mom, and give it to my dad.
3. design something knitted, in memory of my mom, write the pattern, and donate all the proceeds for its sale to the American Cancer Society.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hi Suan,
I don't know why, but maybe it was the anniversary of my mother's passing, or Mother's day, but I just haven't been able to answer this, I was and am very touched, but seemed to be paralyzed.
I did want to share with you another lady's feelings from her blog:
http://roseteacottage.blogspot.com/2010/04/if-flowers-grow-in-heaven-lord-please.html
She has a very pretty blog and was feeling the loss of her mother. I thought it a beautiful poem.
I hope things are getting a little easier for you, I'm glad that you have things to keep you busy, and they are such worthy things, too. I see the picture of your dear mother on the side of your blog, she was a beautiful lady, and in my way of thinking is a beautiful lady. I think that our mom's are waiting and watching over us in a better place.