Friday, June 27, 2008

Some finished bags

Here we go...

another one, brocade this time

and two, in Oriental prints

this one is a little taller

and this one is for Emily, her Bratz fabric. She added the embellishments.

The designs are my own.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I've been sewing summer tops. This is from Simplicity pattern 4589. Very easy to make and I love the way it fits.

The August 2008 (issue 93) issue of American Patchwork and Quilting has this pattern for a tote bag using dishtowels. What fun to make!

and here's two more, using different dishtowels from Target. These bottom two are not from the same pattern. These are my own.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Finished Project

I was a little apprehensive about this project, this being quite large and not my usual purse or handbag sewing. I've had this loveseat for quite a while. The foams and springs are fine. It's just the covers that are getting ragged and pilled. Then, I read about going green and making slipcovers. I borrowed some books from the library, found a couple I "needed" to buy and keep, and went from there. I still waited a few weeks and finally, jumped in. I finished it in one weekend. The usual slipcovers go from $60 to $90 depending on size. I spent $29.95 on the home decor fabric (from Ebay, of course). The labor, though, would have cost me $400 (that is, if I was to pay myself, he, he).



Yellow walls and yellow sofa... YUP! I love yellow, what can I say ;-)

My mom, who's an excellent seamstress, and my husband, Joel, were quite impressed.

I also taught myself to sew dresses, using patterns ( I like Simplicity). I've since made several summer tops for me and a dress for Emily.

And of course, the usual purse or two:

and Flowers:
A rose from the backyard

some Columbine.