Wednesday, June 09, 2010


My mom's marker came in, after 3 months of waiting. Somehow, this picture makes me sad. My dad, myself and the kids went there, rags in hand and went to clean. Freshly put in, it had mud and stain all over. The good thing about it is we now can put flowers ( as seen on the center of the marble marker). It comes with its own flower vase.

You see, we had this cat and mouse game with the caretakers of the cemetery. They don't allow potted plants, glass vases or any other kind of vases, balloons, or any other kinds of decorations. Every Wednesday, they throw out all the dead flowers as well as stuff on top of the graves. They also mow the grass. Or they mow the grass on Thursday. So, my sister and I make sure that we remove all our vases by Tuesday night or all will be gone by the following morning.

One time, we forgot. And they took it all away, including the nice pinwheels and flags. They can't stop me, though. Joann's has a lot of nice affordable decors. And I say, they can't stop me, he, he.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I got a picture of my mother's headstone about the same time as you posted this. She passed away over 2 years ago, but is buried in Iowa and so we hadn't seen it.
I saw this on facebook and liked it very much I wanted to share it with you:
God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered "come with me" With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away. Although I loved you dearly, I could not make
you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest. God
... broke my heart to prove to me, he ...only takes the best...