Thursday, December 17, 2009

I have this aunt...



My dad came from a big family. He has 3 brothers and 4 sisters. One of the sisters is upset with me. My aunt, this aunt, is different. They all grew up in the Philippines (and so did I) and migrated to the US at different stages of their lives. Some came in the 60s, we came in the 80s, my aunt came just recently, about 4 or so years ago.

She is always helpful and I know she means well. But she has this habit of getting into other people's business without an ounce of tact. I cringe when she opens her mouth.

So, just recently, she mentions that she wants to stay and live with my parents. She mentions it to me and to my mom and dad and to several other people. I know I'm not imagining it. She has kids but I'm not sure if they want her with them or not ( I guess it's "or not").

My mom is getting stressed out over it, and I think my dad too. This is not something my mom needs right now. So, my sister and I emailed our cousins (her kids) and told them no way is that going to happen.

SO, my aunt is upset with me. I can handle that. Just don't stress out my mom and dad.

No comments: