Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The birth of a new obsession


Any socknitter (or any knitter or crocheter) has stash. You know, those leftover bits or balls of yarn that you just can't throw away.

Then I came across The Heathen Housewife's blog. Wow! What patience! I've got to do it too.

While on Ravelry.com, I saw these squares. And they're crocheted! With my patience (or lack of it) I can do these faster.

I am really very good at starting new projects. Starting them. Finishing them is another story. So, I am starting my SYSSA ( Sock Yarn Stash Squares Afghan--whew!) Let's see how far and how big I can go.

Two thing I have to remember:
1. Use only superwash yarn. I have to be able to throw it in the washer and dryer.
2. Use only fingering weight yarn from stash, leftover, etc etc.

A dilemma: If I do run out of leftover stash yarn(huh?), I'd have to knit up more socks to get leftovers. Should I be allowed to use a fresh ball of yarn??





No comments: