Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Just Pictures


Crocheted Shawl using laceweight alpaca yarn bought from West Valley alpacas. I used about 500 yards and added beads to the edge. The pattern is from Fiber Trends "Crocheted Cobweb Capelets and Shawls" which I tweaked. I got bored crocheting plain single crochet throughout. So I added several rows of lace and changed some of the stitches to double crochet.





Knitted Moebius scarf from Cat Bordhi's First Treasury of Magical Knitting. Interesting construction! I ran out of the cream yarn so, I added a Moorit colored wool/cashmere blend yarn. I guess it worked out okay.





Danielle's Crocheted purse pattern. I used 2 skeins of Plymouth Fantasy Naturale in a blue/lime green variegated colorway and a small yardage of blue cotton yarn for the trim. This yarn (Fantasy Naturale) has a sheen to it, strong, and cabled. I would say, just perfect for anything crocheted.





And finally, socks. The pattern is my own Snake and Ladders. The yarn is Regia's Nation colorway. The Nation colorway depicts flags of several countries and forms wide stripes. I don't think it sold very well. My little Emily picked this colorway because it reminded her of peppermint sticks.



The sock and bag went on display at Knitique. They provided the yarns for the samples.

No comments: