Friday, February 11, 2005

Two-day Shawl


This is the picture of the unblocked shawl that I finished in 2 days. My dear friend, Darlene Hayes, of Hand Jive Knits has requested me to knit a lace shawl for her to be worn in the fashion show at Stitches West 2005 in Santa Clara. And, we had 6 days to get it finished. She gave it to me on Thursday afternoon, to be picked up on Wednesday.

I had doubts that I will finish in time but according to Darlene, she can also use it for display in her booth in its unfinished state. Well, so, okay.

Sunday morning, after knitting 75% of the shawl, I realized that there was a huge mistake and there is no way I can rip it back because I did NOT use a lifeline. You see, I'm also testing the pattern. I just about died.

I had to start over, from the beginning. With total acceptance of my impending doom, I started over, Sunday morning.

Well, I finished the shawl on Tuesday morning. I really did. I now know I'm capable of finishing big projects if I put my mind to it. Suffice to say, I impressed my dear friend, got generously paid for my efforts, and sent Darlene happily along to her long drive to Santa Clara.

woo hooo!

I'm heading to Stitches West tomorrow.

No comments: